The inception of the infamous Moroccan Oil seemed to be an overnight success in the land of beauty products and was quickly met with a flood of rival competition.
Maybe the competition was already there, who knows. Either way the marketing genius behind Moroccan Oil sparked a war amongst oils as Argan Oil became like a liquid gold we all just had to have.
Like all fads this one faded out as new ones took it’s place but a few key players stood the test of time and one in particular has won a permanent position on our shelves.
Which Hair Oil Hairdresser’s Really Love The Most?
The winner (as voted by me) is…….
Wella SP Luxe Oil
Our fave products rely on what is relevant to our everyday clients. Here in sunny Perth aside from busy lives and a harsh climate, the water that comes out of our shower head isn’t exactly Mount Franklin (more like public swimming pool water). So we love this product because:
a. It can be used on wet or dry hair, so less products = less bathroom clutter, yay.
b. It has a HEAT PROTECTOR element in it so again 2 products in 1
c. Luxe Oil is a Moisture AND Protein product so nourishes dry hair and repairs damaged hair. Now it’s like a 3 in 1 product.
d. This stuff smells like jelly beans!
For the geeks who need to know what the bottle says:
SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL LUXE OIL uses a reconstructive Transform Technology that benefits hair inside and out, while protecting it from damage:
• Hair texture feels up to 10 times smoother after just one application.
• 3 times more Keratin Protection, providing instant and long-lasting, smoothness.
• Leaves hair looking healthy and naturally beautiful.
• Hair is easy to style every day
Find the right hair transformation for you, with SP LUXE OIL’s 8 amazing benefits.
For wet hair:
1. SMOOTHENS: reconstructs and transforms hair texture instantly. After shampooing, apply 2–3 drops of SP LUXE OIL through the mid-lengths and ends. Hair quality feels inst
stantly improved after just one application.
2. SOFTENS: protects Keratin and provides long-lasting smoothness. Use SP LUXE OIL regularly and get up to 6 times smoother hair after 24 hours.
3. PROTECTS: creates an invisible hair shield. Work a small amount of SP LUXE OIL through damp hair, use a wide toothed comb to gently remove any tangles, and dry hair.
4. DEFINES: provides definition for curls and fine hair. Before drying, apply 2–3 drops to the hair and work outwards to define hair as desired, whether for curls or fine hair.
For dry hair:
5. MOISTURIZES: as a pre-shampoo treatment. Divide the hair into sections, and apply 2–3 drops of SP LUXE OIL to the hair and scalp. Massage and leave in for 5–10 minutes. Comb through and then follow with SP Shampoo and Conditioner.
6. SMOOTHES: provides post-blowdry protection. To control dry, frizzy hair, apply a few drops of SP LUXE OIL after blowdrying. Reapply as needed.
7. ILLUMINATES: creates beautiful shine. For ultimate shine, blend 2 drops of SP LUXE OIL and apply to damp hair before styling as usual.
8. RECONDITIONS: treats hair overnight
What’s your favourite Oil?