I’ve spent the past 6 months trying to master Instagram. Reading countless tips, online courses and loathing those bastards with the fake followers, wishing i could publicly name & shame them. The whole time trying to find the “winning formula” to make my business an internet success but…… hit pause, scrap that, because now it’s Instagram vs Snapchat. The battle of the socials continues.
It’s pathetic i know but Im lost in the vanity & pressure to keep up with the cool kids and that’s not even the pathetic part. No the pathetic part is my business is successful. Regardless of my social media count.
I have real life actual human beings that literally fill the seats in my salon every single day. They give my team real life face to face compliments all the time. It’s genuine, authentic & a dream come true.
So why do i give a toss about social media? No seriously why? I am actually looking for someone to answer me on this?
I’ve written about my love hate relationship with Insta many times, it’s been like a code i just had to crack. So i dont know whether i am relieved or enraged that Snapchat is now the drug of choice for our young customers? Let’s go there……..
So i’m still figuring Snapchat out and already I’m asking friends in the know “how do you get people to follow you?” and “how do you know if they liked your story?”. Im sick, i need help i know but here’s what i’ve discovered so far:
- It’s super silly & fun
- You can make all kinds of silly faces and pictures including putting adorable puppy ears/nose on your face
- Your silliness disappears forever (apparently) after a very short amount of time, unless some weirdo screen shots it
- It’s a fun way to show your personality & i think adds some zaniness to your business hence perhaps making you more relatable?
- It will keep your kids amused for hours
- Some weirdo will always screen shot your silly pic hence leaving you wide open for future blackmail
- It’s a whole new social media outlet to have to master bringing a whole new wave of pressure & demands that come with such things
- Your children will love this one arousing way more fights over your phone
- If you get to swept up in the silliness of it all you could come off looking like a total tool
- Your kids will become super addicted to social media way before their time
So let’s open the debate. Instagram Vs Snapchat. Educate me people.